In delivering its mandate, CHIS' goals are to:
- improve the overall efficiency of IM/IT service at the hospitals,
- improve the clinical effectiveness of the hospitals through improved services,
- advance the development and implementation of a regional electronic health record,
- reduce operational costs through collaboration, integration and sharing,
- implement services in a manner that provides a seamless transition for hospitals and establishes a model for service provision that is acceptable to the ESC LHIN and the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.